If you’re looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway, consider the picturesque Valhalla. This lovely vacation home is comfortable, spacious, and perfectly situated in Garden City’s quiet Buttercup development. Enjoy the beautiful view from the front porch, relax in one of the charming bedrooms, or take a stroll down the hill to the nearby Garden City Park and the paved bike path. When you’re not enjoying Bear Lake’s lovely blue water, play a game of ping-pong or foosball in the game room, or just take a deep breath and relax. Book Valhalla today and get away from it all.
Sleeps 20 people (22 max)
6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 levels
4,400 square feet
4-wheel drive recommended during the winter months
Cabin Amenities and Features:
- Fully equipped kitchen (dishes, cookware, stove, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher)
- TV with Dish Network, DVD and VHS
- TV with VHS and DVD (downstairs)
- Covered front porch with beautiful view of the lake
- BBQ grill with propane
- Children’s play room upstairs
- Ping pong table
- Foosball table
- Within walking distance of paved bike path
- No air conditioning (but usually stays pretty cool)
- Elegantly furnished
- Bed linens and towels included
- No Internet available
- Free WiFi available at Lakeside Pizza (70 W Logan Rd.)
- Great view of lake
- Great for large groups
Bedroom Sleeping Arrangements:
- Bedroom #1, Main Level (Master) – 1 king
- Bedroom #2, Main Level – 1 queen
- Bedroom #3, Main Level – 1 queen
- Bedroom #4, Upper Level – 2 queens
- Bedroom #5, Upper Level – 2 twin-over-twin bunks, 2 twins
- Bedroom #6, Lower Level – 2 fulls
- Den, Lower Level – 1 full futon
- Distance to Beach- Garden City Beach Access- 1.6 miles
- Time to Beach- 6 minutes
- Distance to Restaurant- Cafe Sabor- 1.6 miles
- Time to Restaurant- 5 minutes
- Distance to Golf Course- Bear Lake Golf Course- 4.4 miles
- Time to Golf Course- 9 minutes
- Distance to Minnetonka cave- 18.6 miles
- Time to Minnetonka cave- 38 minutes
- Distance to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort- 13.9 miles
- Time to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort- 22 minutes
- Distance to Lakeview Market- 2.1 miles
- Time to Lakeview Market- 6 minutes
***NO PETS ALLOWED***
Property/Check-in Office Map
The Peer Gynt Suite (Master Bedroom) is designed with relaxation and privacy in mind. The focus of the room is a king size, hand-carved, Norwegian bed—with a memory foam mattress for extra comfort. Large windows allow for sunlight and lake breezes. The room includes a private master bathroom and walk-in closet.
The second bedroom is the Bergen Room (a Port City in Norway), which has a queen size bed with a memory foam mattress. This bedroom has mountain views and a maritime theme.
The third bedroom is the Provence Room (because the striking blue of Bear Lake resembles the beautiful azure waters of the Mediterranean). This bedroom also has a queen size bed with a memory foam mattress and lake views.
There is a great room on the main floor with a large kitchen, dining room and family gathering area—all with panoramic views of the lake. The kitchen has granite counter tops, two ovens, two refrigerators, a dishwasher, a stove, a microwave, a crock pot, and everything else you need to prepare nourishing gourmet meals. The spacious dining room has two solid wood tables that will sit 16 adults. There is also a small children’s table with chairs for four children, as well as a high chair.
Valhalla’s living room boasts gorgeous views of the lake. Three couches and a recliner allow visitors to enjoy the 56-inch flat screen with DVD, VCR and satellite TV. There are books and DVDs available, but don’t forget to bring your own favorite DVDs.
There is a second full bathroom and a laundry room on the main level.
Upstairs is the Boren Hite (Bear Cave) with a huge bedroom, large bathroom, loft with bunk beds and twin beds, and play area for the kids.
The large upstairs bedroom with a Troll Haugen (Troll Knoll) theme has a deck with views overlooking the lake, two queen-size beds with memory foam mattresses, and beautiful log furniture. The loft has two sets of bunk beds, plus two twin beds. There is a play area for children with large stuffed bear cushions, furniture, toys, books, and chairs.
Downstairs has a Fisk Haven (Fish Harbor) theme. There is a bedroom with a futon, a separate room with a set of full-size bunk beds, and a port-a-crib available. A ping pong table and foosball table are certain to create some friendly competition. There is also a second TV for DVDs and games. The fourth bathroom has a jetted tub and travertine tile.